Picture of balances that I need

A professional from New Jersey says:
Picture of balances that I need...#'s 2530 & 2560..other pictures will follow... cannot identify the black bottom shoe on your website... please let me know thank you
current status of my request please - thank yuo
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. We can replace this balance, but it will have to be a special order. These balances are for old hinged windows that haven't been made since the 90s. They're asymmetrical, meaning the left balance will be different from the right balance. This makes them a bit complicated, but we have all the materials needed to make them and I'm confident we can get you what you need. I just have a couple things I'd like you to clarify.

First, your post mentions a 2530 and 2560 stamp. However, your photos shoe 2630 and 2560. Can you confirm? Are these for two different windows, or the same window? While these balances are asymmetrical, they should at least be the same size. Your stamps tell me that the 2630 stamp is 27" long and the 2560 is 26" long. They should both be either 27" long or 26" long, not mixed and matched.

If these are in the same window, would you happen to know which balance was the original? It's possible someone repaired this in the past and put in the wrong size balance.  Do you have an identical window in the house that you can use as a reference?

If these two sizes are in fact from two different windows, then ignore the above. Let me know and we will continue with the process. I have more things to confirm, but it will depend on the size issue.

that's what I pulled out of the window - I thought that was strange to - so please make me up 2 of the 26" & 2 of the 27"
thank you
Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry, I'm afraid that doesn't answer my questions. Can you confirm if these out of the same window? If so, we need to figure out what size you really need, the 26" or 27". They should be the same length. Do you know which one was the original? If not, can you give me the height of the visible glass for the sash they support? Do you have an identical window in the house that might still have its original hardware?

This is going to take some homework to figure out. I don't want to send you any order link until we know for sure what will work for your windows. Plus, once we know this information, we're still not done. I have a few more questions I need to ask before we can get started. Please be as clear and as specific as possible.

sorry for the confusion- the part #'s are 2530 & 2630 - the 2530 as you know is 26" & the 2630 is 27" - please lmk what else u need - i'd like to have 2 of each length made
thank you
Profile picture of Tom

I hate to be a pain, but that still doesn't tell me what I need to know. I still need you to clear up several questions before we can continue. Please carefully read my previous post and let me know the information I've requested whenever you can. We are happy to help you to the best of our ability, but we need you to answer all of our questions clearly.

yes out of the same window - the visible sash height is 27" - so off of this info please make me up 2-of either of the #'s I gave you that you know will work best with a 27" visible sash height - thank you - I'm thinking now that someone else was in the window before me & one of those balances I sent you pictures of - were put in the window by mistake by another person - thank you
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thank you! I agree, someone must have repaired this window and just used whatever they had on hand to repair it, even if it wasn't right. It happens more often than you'd think.

It sounds like you need two 27" long balances. One will use our 19-008 top and 15-025 bottom and have a 2630 stamp, but the opposite side will have just the 19-008 top, no bottom, and a 2640 stamp option. I'll email you an order link for 2 of each of these balances right now.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.