Pile weather stripping

A handy person from Charlottesville, VA says:
I'm looking for pile weather stripping to repair a few windows. I wasn't able to find the manufacture of window so I need some help to figure out what product will work. The pile is 1/4" tall (image 3). The width of the stripping is 3/16" (image 1 & 2).
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image 2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image 1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image 3.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look at the 58-127 wool pile, which has the same 3/16" backing and 1/4" pile height as your original weatherstripping. Thanks for posting! 

A handy person from Charlottesville, VA says:
Looks just like what I need, I've ordered some. Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Dan. The new wool pile should stay in place, yes. You definitely don't want to glue it in place, otherwise you won't be able to replace it in the future when it inevitably wears down. All weatherstripping is temporary, so you want to avoid permanent solutions if you can help it.

If you think there's a risk that the wool pile will slip out during operation, then you just have to be strategic about where you make the cutout. Put it a little further back from the corner; it may be a little trickier to pull the wool pile out, but you can all but guarantee that it wont slip out on accident.

How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.