Pins on S900 too far apart

A quick learner from Oviedo, FL says:
I received my S900-28 balances the other day. Thank you for the quick delivery.
I am installing the parts and the ends do not match my original to fit in the tilt shoe.
I have included a pic
My window is a Better Built 4050 tilt insulated glass. Built in 2004 or 2005.
I selected green tip. If this show in the pic. It is a pale green. As will you notice, the pins in the new balances are further apart. Just enough that the extra length will not allow the spiral to go into the shoe. What do I need to do?
spiral balance tip
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your continued interest in SWISCO. I'd like to ask a couple questions, if I may. Is there any way you can send us a photo of your pivot shoe? Did you also happen to purchase our 75-006 spiral balance charging tool? The purpose of the tool is to make it easier for the installation of the spiral balance into the pivot shoe. Let's see what extra may be needed once we see the additional photos.
Please see the pivot shoe photos
A home owner from Oviedo, FL says:
Hello. I just realized that emails from Swisco Experts were going to Junk box. Just found your post. I had included pics of the shoe in a previous email. But I will attach again here. One with the old balance and one showing the new balance which will not seat as described. Another pic to show the AAMA listing Maybe to verify this is a Better Built window.
Pivot shoe
Profile picture of Paul
I'm sorry you are having this problem. The balances made today with the pivot shoes are all standard to fit. The manufacturer of your balance is no longer in business and it looks like they purposely made the balance pins closer for their own pivot shoe. Is it possible to cut off a little of the nylon with a utility knife or file down to allow the pins to fit?
Thank you for the update. I will try and modify. But before I do that.
1) You are certain that I we can no longer get the OEM type balances.
2) If I have problems doing thie modification. Do you have pivot shoes that could replace the ones in the window now?
Thank you for any help.
When I ask about the pivot shoe replacement. I mean a shoe to fit my window. But will work with the balances you have.
Profile picture of Paul
Many people have used our 15-212 pivot shoe as a replacement for their Better Bilt window. I would just confirm the thickness and width are the same. This will work with our balances.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.