Pivot 15-167 & 21-C-30 counter balance

A home owner from FL says:
I can not remove my damaged existing pivots for exact examination until replacements have arrived. This seems closest. Does this pivot "lock" itself in place, so it won't slice up or down, when the window is rotated open and the slot (where the window's pin can be put in) is in the up position?

Also, what strength 22" x .5" x 0.5" counterbalances do you have with a metal tip to fit the above pivot? I need a lower spring tension that is currently there which is a 21-C-30?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I can't really tell what your pivot shoe is based on these images. I'd have to see it fully removed from the window. I would also need to know its thickness and width. Just by eyeballing it though, I don't think it's the 15-167 as the top prongs are different.

The pivot shoes do lock when the sash is tipped out, however from there you can easily remove the sash and then pop the pivot shoes out. Take a look at our tutorial video for more information.

As for the balance, I think you might want to take a look at our S770-21 channel balance with the 21C option. The 21C option can support a window sash weight range of 14 through 18 pounds. Does your sash's weight fall within that range? Let me know!
The prongs at the top need only attach to the counterbalance clip which should be pretty universal. So, is there any other pivot that is 1" wide not more than 2" high and less than or equal to 0.5" deep that locks when the sash is tilted open?

Also, can you give me the counterbalance force for a 21-B and 21-C and 21-D? I know that one C alone will lift the entire window and two will keep it from closing.

Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Unfortunately, without having at least exact dimensions, I cannot suggest replacement with any reliability. Seeing it out of the window would also be a huge help. You could look through our Pivot Lock Shoe Section and see if there is something there you can use.

As for those balance weights, 21A can support a window sash weight range of 5 through 10 pounds, 21B can support 10 through 14 pounds, and as I said above, 21C can support 14 through 18 pounds.
Got the pivot in question out for exact measurements and photos on all sides. It measures a tight 1" wide, 2" height and 0.5" depth (with pivot unlocked). It must not exceed these dimensions as it's really tight in aluminum frame. The 2" height seems to be a maximum as it does not really have to be this high to clear the window as shown in a previous photo. The new one will be getting a new counterbalance 21-B and need fit that new "wedge". Thanks.
User submitted photos of a balance shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you! That makes things a lot clearer. I appreciate your patience with us. Now that I see it out of the window, and with detailed measurements, then I can say with more confidence that the 15-167 looks like a good match.
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.