Pivot Bar

A quick learner from New York, USA says:
I'm trying to find a replacement for this broken pivot bar. I bought one that was supposed to have worked but it doesn't fit. Any way to get this bar?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This is the old Simonton pivot bar. This has been discontinued for many years, unfortunately, though the 26-336 was made to replace it. That also appears to be the product you purchased.

I'm surprised to hear that it didn't work for you. Can you go into more detail as to why it didn't work? At this point in time, it is the best option available to you. The old version is just not made anymore.

It doesn't fit. You see the round bit at the end in what is supposed to be the replacement doesn't allow it to fit in at all. I noticed that some other people had a similar experience. I suppose I'm just going to have to get a whole new window.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I don't think you're quite at the stage where a new window is necessary. I have known some people who struggled to use the 26-336 with certain other brand pivot shoes, when used as a substitute for those applications. What they did was grind the "collar" down on on the tip of the 26-336 so that it more comfortably fit in the off-brand shoe. If the only issue is that the new pivot bar is too big to fit in the cam then that seems like it would fix the issue.

thanks, I'll give that a try.
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.