Pivot Bar Replacement

A handy person from Connecticut says:
I need to locate replacement pivot bars similar to your 26-355 but with a flat pivot pin instead of a round shape. Markings on the diecast part indicate the following: A-S, NYC, 6254. I can email you a picture if you give me your email address. The windows were installed in 1984 in CT.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The initials are from a die cast company in New York that closed up about 10 years ago. Send us a picture and we will see if we can get you a substitute.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank for sending an image. Unfortunately, I do not believe you are going to be able to find a replacement for this pivot bar. What you may need to do, is to stop by a mill work that manufactures wood windows and see if you can incorporate their track system into your windows.
Attached find a photo of the A-S pivot bar that I need replacements for. I need 10 pieces.

I will separately provide rough dimensions.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Eric N
Customer image of their pivot bar
Paul -

Thanks for your reply to the image of the A-S Pivot Bar that I sent you.

Attached find the rough dimensions of the A-S pivot bar that I'm trying to replace.

Before I look into alternatives on replacing the balancing system and tracks, I'd like to first see if its possible to find an existing pivot bar that I can modify.

Based on the dimensions in the attached sketch, do you think any of the following currently available pivot bars could be modified to come close:

26-175
26-310
26-353
26-355
26-361

Based on what dimensions I could see on your website I'm thinking that 26-355 and 26-361 could be good candidates to work from.

I have access to a machine shop and can machine down any excess materials.

Thanks for your help with this.

/Eric
Customer drawing of their pivot bar.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I looked over our parts and came up we three suggestions. Look at 17-056 and 17-075. These come close to what you need, but you might still have to do some machine work on them.

SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.