Pivot Bars Wasted Away!!!

A handy person from Portland TX says:
After discovering a pivot bar completely corroded through and detached from the pivot shoe, I dismantled my vinyl "Showcase" double hung windows. I've identified the replacement shoe (15-121) and pivot bar (26-068) but can't help but feel foolish to put the same inferior materials back in there. These windows are only 7 years old and the pivot bars are wasted away? Is there a better suited material for this S. Texas coastal environment? Stainless steel bars?
A handy person from Portland TX says:
On the wasted pivot bars, any ideas on removing the corroded section of pivot bar remaining in the window frame slot? There is not enough good metal to grab onto to pull it out. Or, is there a suitable/superior alternative to reinstalling the same system? Many thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting on the discussion board.

We recommending using WD-40 and heat (a heat gun) to loosen up the pivot bar.

Unfortunately the 26-068 is not available in a different material at this time.
A quick learner from Missouri City Texas says:
Just discovered that at least 3 of my many Showcase windows each have at least one corroded pivot bar-all on the left side. My windows are only 7 years old as well. I've spent the last hour trying to find others who have experienced this so thanks for your post.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.