Pivot Rod Clamps and Guide Pins

A quick learner from CO says:
Hi! I have US Plywood metal closet doors throughout our house. We found a set in the rafters and would like to install them back in one of the bedrooms. I have a couple questions, I have the 21-154 (pivot rod clamps) in my cart but I couldn't find the little metal cover parts (see pictures) that are on the existing are these necessary?

My other question is I have the 21-007 and 21-065 spring guide pins in my cart. The 21-065 looks more like what is on the other doors in our house but the 21-007 seems to be recommended in other posts on here. They seem to be the same size (5/16") so will most likely fit but I guess what is the difference (other than price)?

Thank you!

Jes
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7370.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7383.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7376.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7372.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Jess, thanks for writing in. Firstly, the metal piece you show over top of the pivot rod clamp should not be necessary to its functionality. Secondly, the 21-065 and 21-007 are similar, but when it comes to replacement parts it's always best to go with the one that most closely matches your original hardware. If that's the 21-065, then that's what I would recommend you go with. 

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.