Pivot Shoe and Channel Balance Assistance

A handy person from Macungie, PA says:
I have what appears to be a 15 - 208 Pivot shoe measuring 1 1/4" x 1 1/4". I need replacements and Tools to take it out of the channel but first remove the balance cable with clip.

Do I need a channel balance charging tool To remove or something else? The cables seem very spring-loaded and appear to need to be un charged when the pivot shoes are up as high as they can go.

Also, do I need a 75-069 Jam spreader or use the cut out technique shown in one of the videos?

Windows are approximately 16 years old. 36 inches wide by 72 inches high
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 845D5D5A-A20A-45F4-BA22-7DE48A70E283.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7E7A14D7-7EEA-469F-93C9-2603FBAEF0A6.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. To be clear, you do not remove the clip and cord from the balance; this in fact would possibly be dangerous due to the spring strength of the balance, and it's also not necessary since individual components of channel balances are not meant to be replaced separately; when the balance breaks, the entire part must be replaced. 

As far as your pivot shoe, you don't necessarily need the jamb spreaders to remove them. See the videos below concerning removing the pivot shoe, as well as how to remove and replace the tilt window channel balance. Once you're removed the channel balance, please measure the length of the metal channel and show us pictures of any fittings or attachments on the balance, as well as of any stamp code on the metal channel. From there, we'll do our best to narrow down what you need. Thanks. 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.