Pivot hinges for closet doors

A home owner from Tennessee says:
Hello! I am looking at your pivot hinges for closet doors. I am replacing a house full of old ugly louvered bifold closet doors. I would ideally like to replace them with flush hollow core doors on pivot hinges to achieve a more modern look. The hinges I see are labeled for bi-fold doors, but as long as the weight was kept light (hollow core), and the size was the same (mine are mainly two 24" doors per closet opening), is there any reason I cannot use these hinges to hang regular doors rather than bifold?
Thank you!
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hello,
We have hinges as well as a complete track and hardware kit for 48" openings.

Normally for a 48" opening 4 panels would be used with a maximum panel width of 11-13/16"; good for door panels weighing up to 30 pounds each.

Take a look at SWISCO product code 23-505, 4' Bifold Door Track and Hardware Kit, 4 Panel.

See SWISCO product code 23-401 for the associated hinge.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.