Pivot shoe #15070

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
This shoe was only used by Thermal Guard, Season-All, and Douglass Lloyd. If your window was manufactured or installed by one of these companies, then it should fit. You could have the original shoe that did have a white cam. But unless it is by one of the companies I mentioned, it most likely will not work for you. You can send photos of your sample for us to look.
A quick learner from Venango, PA says:
The one i removed is 5/8 deep by 1 1/4 wide by 1 3/4 high with a white cam, will this one work as a replacement??? What do you recommend ???
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes the 15-070 is the new replacement for your window.
A quick learner from Venango, PA says:
This window was made by Thermal Guard
Customer image of the Thermal Guard pivot lock shoe.
Thank You
John B
A home owner from denver says:
We have had these Thermal gard window for thirty plus years, and they seem do do well. With one exception, the old pivot shoes seem pron to breaking. That is the exact pivot shoe I have in my windows. I am so happy you have a replacement, and said replacement looks stouter than the old one. I will be ordering replacements for all my windows. Do you have any recomendations on cleaning the channels, as I'll likely have the entire window apart anyway.

Thank you so much,
Eric
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Eric.

I'm glad you were able to find the pivot lock shoes you need! Thank you for visiting the site and participating on the discussion board.

As far as cleaning your window channels, I recommend a general all-purpose household cleaner. You can then give it a spray of silicone-based lubricant.
A quick learner from Edelstein, IL says:
I see in your online catalog there are two similar pivot shoe - (5/8 inch thick) replacements. Product code 15-070 and product code 15-047. Besides the price, what is the difference between the two? I will be replacing some of the spiral balancers with series S600-22 blue tip if that makes a difference. Also, is there any special instructions for the removal and replacement of these? Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom

They are two different style pivot lock shoes and they are not interchangeable.

Can you remove your existing pivot lock shoe from your window and send us a photo of it? We should be able to identify which replacement shoe you need from a photo.

Let me know if you need any help.

4 Pictures of pivot lock shoes attached.

Measures 1 3/4 high, 1 1/4 wide, and 5/8 thick. Broken at top of side arms just below the upper portion where balancer hooks in. Let me know if you need more information. Thanks.

Profile picture of Paul
I recognize your pivot shoe. The replacement is our 15-070.
Many thanks, that confirmed my choice. This shows that your online catalog pictures and descriptions are quite good and accurate. My order to be placed soon.
A quick learner from Miamisburg, OH says:

The pivot shoe I have matches your 5/8 thick pivot shoe 15-070 on width, depth, but the heighth of mine is 1 3/4" (1 13/16" if we are getting technical) and it seems that none of your pivot shoes, including ones I do not need seem to come any shorter than 2 inch. I just want to be sure that the 1/4" of difference is not going to affect windows going all the way up or down.

Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for posting and submitting your photos.

No, height is not so crucial. Take a look at the 15-070 Pivot Shoe, 5/8" thick.
A home owner says:

We have taken several pictures of a replacement part we need for a window we also have taken a picture of a replacement part that is too big to fit. We have listed several specifications of the correct model and will be supplying pictures. we look forward to hearing back from you soon! If you need any additional information or specifications let us know at the e-mail provided.

• Height: 1-3/4"
  • Width: 1-1/4"
  • Att View: 3/4"
  • Lock Swivel: 5/16" by 5/16"

The one we need doesn't have a little rib in the opening.

Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for your patience, and thank you for submitting your photos.

It appears the 15-070 Pivot Shoe is the better match.
A quick learner from Peru, IL says:

Hello-

I have the unfortunate task of trying to find Thermal Gard Double Hung Window replacement parts. I have taken a few digital pictures that I have attached. I will need several shoes and several 23" and 25" spiral balance rods. I also would like to know if I could replace 3 window sashes. The seal has broken and I have moisture problems. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Glen F.

Profile picture of Paul
Good Afternoon,

It appears you will nee the S600-23 and S600-25 Spiral Balances, along with the 15-070 Pivot Shoe.
A quick learner from Elgin, IL says:

I have some balance shoes in need of replacement. The Weather Gard windows are in good condition with the exception of some broken shoes. Attached are images of what I am looking for. if i can,t fine these exact replacements are not available, is there one that will work? These are 5/8" x 1 1/4" x 1 3/4" . Thank you,

Matthew H

Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for posting. Please take a look at our 15-070 pivot shoe and compare its dimensions to your own hardware. Do you think this might work for you? If you aren't sure, please tell me your own pivot shoe's dimensions and we can work from there.
A quick learner says:

THERMAL GARD PIVOT SHOE 5/8" THICK-1 7/8" HIGH-1 1/4" WIDE. MAYBE 15-047 OR 15+070

Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for posting. I believe the 15-070 as you mentioned is the correct replacement part, do you think it will work for you? Let us know if you have any further questions.
A handy person from Waterloo Il says:

I have 9 windows in need of Pivot shoes and counter balance Springs.

Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for your patience in this matter. I have placed you into an existing thread concerning this pivot shoe. As you can see, we have recommended the 15-070 pivot shoe. Do you think this could work for you?
A contractor from Virginia says:

I am rebuilding the sashes on three windows (Thermal gard seasonal (600 series? no paperwork to know for sure) with corkscrew balance, double hung, 5/8" thick balances) for a customer. The channel is a half an inch thick, the balances I ordered fit great, but the shoes for the balances (9/16") will not reach the fingers under the window to secure. I noticed the old shoes stick out farther than the channel, where the replacement shoes are flush. The center of the shoe is 3/4" thick the sides are approx. 9/16" thick. I am adding pictures to this email to find the correct replacement. Please email me with any ideas, thank you so very much.

Dan.

Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for posting. Have you seen our 15-070 Pivot Shoe? Do you think this can work as a replacement? Let me know!
A contractor from Henrico VA says:
Sorry if this is a repost, the page wouldn't stop loading, Basically thanks so much you guys found exactly what I needed y'all are awesome!!
Dan
Profile picture of Tom
Not a problem at all, Dan! It was our pleasure. Please let us know if you have any further questions, and we would be happy to help.
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.