Pivot shoe

A home owner from Michigan says:
I am buying parts to replace the balances in my three windows. However, I see you also offer pivot shoes. Question: WHAT IS A PIVOT SHOE?

I'm trying to understand and decide if I need to purchase them as well as the balances, at this time.

Thanks, Laurel
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello Laurel,

Pivot shoes are used in tilt windows. Essentially, the bottom of your balance hooks into the pivot shoe at the bottom of your jamb. The pivot shoe also has an insert for your pivot bar that attaches to the bottom of your window sash and allows you to tilt out the window.

You don't need to replace them unless they're broken. If you do need replacements, send us some pictures of yours removed from the window and some dimensions. We will be happy to match you up with a replacement. Thank you!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)