Pivot shoe?

Handy Person from Great Barrington,MA
Apr 9, 2024 11:59 am
Do you have something like this? Also need 5/8" x 19" tilt spiral balances but with a white tip. Sorry about the condition of the unit.
IMG_1831
1 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Apr 9, 2024 4:07 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we would need to see an intact pivot shoe removed from the window to compare to our inventory. We'll also need you to write out the exact width and thickness to narrow down your options. 

As for the spiral balances, take a look at the (5/8") S600-19. You'll need to weigh your sash to determine which option you'll need since the white tip is from an outdated system. There is a chart on the product page that explains how to choose your option based on the sash weight. Thank you! 

How to measure the tube length of the S600 spiral balance.
How to measure the tube length of the S600 spiral balance.

Handy Person from Great Barrington,MA
May 10, 2024 12:15 pm
Hi- finally got around to a follow up! The pivot shoe is 1/2" thick, approximately 2" long and
1-1/4" wide. The opening for the bar is 3/8" x 3/16".
Please let me know if you have a replacement. Thank you!
IMG_1913 IMG_1912
2 user uploaded images
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 10, 2024 1:20 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for getting back to us. Your pivot shoe is similar to another customer's post, which you can view here. I'd recommend checking another window for an undamaged shoe to confirm the depth since the other customer mentioned that their shoe measured 1/2" thick in their post. If that is the case for you, I'd recommend taking a look at the 15-046 as a possible replacement. 

Dimensions for 15-045
Dimensions for 15-045

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts