Plastic Collar for 5/16 Hex Casement Crank Handle

Home Owner from Baldwinsville, NY
May 4, 2024 7:39 pm
I have P05-7810 handles that the 2-piece plastic locking collars are all worn out or broken. The handles appear similar to Swissco 39-226 handles. Do you sell the plastic locking collars? Thank you!
IMG_5892 IMG_5891
2 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 7, 2024 11:04 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

We've encountered this issue previously and found that older operators have always had this problem. The black collar would wear out and the handles would become loose, eventually just falling out on their own. As a result, the manufacturer actually ended up changing the design of how these work.

We cannot offer a replacement for the collar but our 39-226 can still work for you, however it will only be a temporary measure. It will fall out eventually. Some ways around this are using glue to hold it in, or even just packing it out with scotch tape so it's a little tighter. Again, these are all temporary measures.

Alternate view of 39-226
Alternate view of 39-226

Side view of 39-226
Side view of 39-226

If you're not in a pinch and you want a more long-standing solution then you will want a new operator. We have more modern styles that will work much better. Before I recommend anything, though, I'll need to see a photo of the complete operator with the window open so that the arms that move the sash are fully visible. Thank you! 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts