Plastic Fasteners

A home owner from San Francisco says:
I am trying to replace all the window locks on my single hung aluminum windows however each has a plastic fastener that sits under the lock and allows the screw to fasten the lock to the window (picture attached).

All of mine are crumbling into dust as I take the locks off the windows so need to replace these. Do you carry this part?

User submitted a photo of a window lock.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Wow, you have kind of a weird setup. These are aluminum widows with a plastic thermal break (black plastic divider). The manufacturer should know you are not supposed to screw a lock or any device into the thermal break. If the company is still in business in your area, I would go back to them for new sash replacement at no charge. If they aren't around, you could possibly try plastic wall anchors, but I'm not sure if that would be an ideal fit.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)