Plastic Retention Holders for Screens

A home owner from Dunedin, Florida says:


I have a glass-enclosed sunroom that has screens. The screens are held in place on the left and right sides by plastic retention holders that are simply riveted into the window frame. Over time, the plastic has become brittle and is cracking therefore not doing a good job of holding the screen in place. The plastic is a continuous strip that runs the full height of the screen. Hopefully, from the photos, you may be able to distinguish the part I am referring to and it would be great if Swisco has the item in stock.

Thank you very much for your time, I appreciate it greatly.


Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Your screen retainer strips looks like a type of "Z" channel. We do carry "Z" clips like the 70-140 or other types like the 70-073. Take a look at these clips to start out and let me know if you could use either. 

Another idea would be to have a siding company bend you some Z lengths in Bronze "capping" metal. I believe that would hold up better then the vinyl you now have.

A home owner from Dunedin, Florida says:
Thank you for responding. I've taken your advise and contacted an aluminum company to make the "Z" length channels that I need.

I appreciate your suggestion.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)