Plastic Tops for Kinco Windows

A quick learner from Ocala, FL says:
I don't know if I need to take pictures yet, but I have a house that is 10 years old and has Kinco windows.....several of the little plastic tops on the sides that hold the balances down have popped out over the years and the balances have popped up, a common occurance.....

My question is, do I have to replace the balance or can I just put in the new little plastic pieces that hold them down and if so, how do I identify that part....and can I just take one out and get a part number off of it? I was told that the window does not have to come out to replace that part, but it does if I am replacing the balance....

I was told that I can just take a screwdriver and push the balance back down into the window and then put the little piece of plastic back in, but does not seem right to me as I would not see how I can hold the balance down while pushing that plastic piece back in.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! When a balance breaks through the top plastic guide, push down the balance to clear a way to pop out the take-out clip. Repeat this for the other side, then raise the sash to pass the top clips to remove from track. Then you can replace top nylon guides.

You may find it easier, however, to simply remove the sash from the window before you attempt to remove the top sash guide. See our video below for details on how to do this. It's easier than you think!

As for what top sash guide you have, I think you should look at our 18-044 or 18-166 and see which ones match yours. Let me know what you think!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)