Plastic strip around window glass

A home owner from Nashville says:
What is the plastic strip around the window called and how do I buy it? It's cracked and discolored around most of my windows in my entire home.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16110744848537375104236510984257.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. That plastic strip is called glazing bead. You may be able to buy it from us, assuming that we have a match. We carry a ton of different kinds that you can see here.

If you can't pick out what you have from our section, then I can ID it for you. I will just need you to remove a small sample of the original and show me a clear picture of the end profile. The video below will go into more detail as to exactly what we have to see.

A home owner from Nashville says:
Thank you Tom!

Here's a picture of it removed from the window and a diagram of the measurements.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16112493059252260386250931921344.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16112494293635715801448339307441.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that this glazing bead isn't made anymore. It's an older style that fell out of use several years ago.

The good news is that I think you can use our 55-120 as a substitute. It's not exactly the same, but other customers tell me that it's perfectly serviceable. Compare the dimensions and let me know what you think. 

A quick learner from Riverview,FL says:
Looking for the window glaze attached in the photo. The glaze is semi flexible. The window manufacture Williams Window in Tampa FL. The company has been out of business for some time.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3105.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3106.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3107.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3108.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3109.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

We unfortunately don't sell this exact glazing, but it is similar in design to our 59-067 or maybe even our 59-068. These may be what you want but look them over and let me know what you think.

Profile view of 59-067
Profile view of 59-067

Profile view of 59-068
Profile view of 59-068

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.