Plastic tab for channel in sash vinyl window (Milgard)

A quick learner says:
The white plastic tab shown in the photo is broken. It screws inside the channel at the edge of the vinyl sash frame near the top. Not sure what it does.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7031.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. This is called a Top Sash Guide. Its purpose is to keep the channel balance in a non-tilt window snuggly aligned with the window sash; hence why they are found in the top corners of the sash frame. When Top Sash Guides break, sometimes due to age or sun exposure, the channel balance will usually 'shoot' past the sash and lodge itself in the top of the window track, thus jamming the window. Replacing the Top Sash Guide and re-positioning the balance so that it is aligned with the sash fixes this. See the video below for guidance. 

Now, we've never found an exact match for this Milgard guide, but we have successfully used our 18-009 as a replacement. The catch is that you have to trim down the top edges of our part so that they're flush with the body. Review the dimensions below and let me know if they match what you need (ignoring the top edges, of course). Let me know if you have further questions.

Side view of 18-009
Side view of 18-009
Detail of 18-009
Detail of 18-009

A quick learner says:
Wow- you know your stuff! When this one failed the balance shot up and broke out the top of the vinyl frame! Di you have a cement for white vinyl?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 97441586-77E5-4DB3-B40D-ECBB1997D526.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Ah, I'm sorry to say that we don't. That damage is a little unfortunate since there's not a lot you can do about it. With the amount of constant pressure this part of the sash is under (from the balances), I'm not sure if I'd trust anything to hold. I would recommend contacting a local hardware store to see if they have a material they like to use in these cases. In a worst case scenario you may need to consider a new sash.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.