Plea weather strip and sweep

A home owner from Burlington, CT says:
I'm trying to locate replacement Pella weather strip and door sweep for three patio doors. The measurements appear to be 5/8 (but have been compressed over the years. The house was built around 2000 if that helps.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7AD331BB-38B8-432B-9B4E-4AC131512188.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EDBDA9E2-3266-441D-8AE5-9C041B4189AE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F4C3E764-4B4E-4E8B-927E-54089D4FC527.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E4A73F47-6ED8-498F-B26F-734D996D0305.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F8289EAF-63E8-4859-9A7D-313DE14B2B87.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm afraid I can't identify your seal based on these photos. Would it be possible for you to remove a small and undamaged sample and take a picture of its end profile? That will allow us to find something in the same shape.

As for the sweep, we don't have an exact match. Your best bet might be something like our 58-176. This just wraps around the bottom of the door and installs on the sides using screws. Would that work for you?

Thanks for getting back to me. Hoping these help.

Shane
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

That's not what I was expecting to see. That's a kind of bubble seal you usually find on casement windows, not patio doors. Then again, Pella does do strange things, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

The shape of this bubble seal looks nearly identical to our 58-053. My only concern is that ours might be way too small. I recommend looking over our dimensions below. Let me know if they differ, and how. If ours is too small then I will do my best to find something better suited for your door.

Profile drawing of the 58-053 bubble seal.
Profile drawing of the 58-053 bubble seal.
Yes, I'm not loving Pella, LOL. The round/bulb is definitely much bigger, about 5/8". It wasn't easy to get a measurement of the part that goes into the groove but it appears to be a 1/4" long and looks the same. I think if the round part was the same size it would work but the 5/16" will definitely be too small.

Thanks for all your help, it is much appreciated.

Shane
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting back to us, Shane. We don't have anything in that size, unfortunately. We have the 58-114, but this has a 3/8" bubble, so it's smaller. We also have the 58-056E but this has a much larger seal at .490". That said, these are the two closest options we're able to supply. Look over their dimensions below and see what you think.

58-114

Profile diagram of the 58-114
Profile diagram of the 58-114
Profile view of 58-056E
Profile view of 58-056E
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.