Ply Gem Window latch

A handy person from Alaska says:
The latch is broken in the locked mode. Window cannot be opened. Ply Gem Windows told me that you handle all of their repair part. I hope you can help me. I'm not sure how to get the latch off to replace it. The windows were installed in 2004. The local window shop said they are a Ply Gem 700 series window with the G2-30 Latch, but he could not help me, he had no parts. Hopefully you can help me.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0840.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0841.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0842.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0843.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0844.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

We don't have an exact match for your latch but take a look at our 38-129. Compare our dimensions to yours and see what you think. 

If you need a new casement lock, please see our multi-point locks such as the 38-095, 38-096, 38-138 or 38-139. Look over all the dimensions, especially the projection of the fork, to see if one of these is what you need.

As for how to remove the original, I would first try getting the handle back in there and doing your best to unlock it that way. If you can't manage with the broken handle, try a screwdriver. If neither works, you will need the help of a local professional.

A handy person from Alaska says:
Thanks Emily, I will try and get the window open and go from there, i'll be in touch. dennis f
Profile picture of Emily

Sounds good, Dennis! We'll be here if you have any further questions. 

A quick learner from Alaska says:
Hi Emily, i took off one oof the identical working latches from another window. I think we have a few possibilities with the 38-095, 38-139, and possibly the 38-138. I am enclosing photos for your professional advice. Thanks, dennis
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Hey, Dennis.

I'm afraid it's hard for us to get measurements from pictures. You'll need to carefully look over the dimensions we show for the 38-095, 38-139 and 38-138 and compare them to yours. On each product's page there are detailed pictures that you can use as a reference. 

How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.