Ply Gem casement window locking mechanism

A quick learner from Manheim, PA says:
I am looking for the handle as well as the long sliding piece that locks the windows. I need these parts for both left hinged and right hinged Ply Gem casement windows.
Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this but we would need to see an undamaged version of your lock, as well as confirm the length and the number of rollers on your tie bar. Also, please confirm if the rollers are round or cone-shaped, which is a bit difficult to make out in your photo. Thank you.

The rollers are round, there are 4 of them. The tie bar is 58".
Thanks
Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7083.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7084.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7082.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. Unfortunately, the largest tie bar that we carry could be the 54.9" long 38-974.

As for the lock assembly, your new photos remind me of one of our Escutcheon-style handles, such as the 38-205, 38-208, or 38-209. With that being said, these have a fork-style handle that engages with the window linkage, while your original photo shows an angled arm that attaches to the tie bar. Could you confirm if the new photos are showing the handle that attaches to the lock arm shown in your first photo?

I have pictures attached of the pieces that broke off. Looks like the 38-209. Can you confirm? I think I can make the shorter tie bar work, I can adjust the hooks on the sash if needed.
Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7094.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7093.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

As long as the dimensions below match up to your lock, I agree that your photo resembles the 38-209.

Dimensions for 38-209
Dimensions for 38-209

Does the tie bar or the 38-209 handle come with the piece that attaches the handle to the tie bar? None of the pictures show this.
Thanks
Mike
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at the 38-201 link assembly. This is used on Jeld-Wen windows but might also be used for Ply Gem. Review the specifications to see if it matches up to your part.

SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing tie bar guides
Replacing tie bar guides
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.