Pocket Door Roller

A home owner from Cincinnati, OH says:
Hello,

I have a pocket door with a missing roller component that's been gone since before I bought the house. I'm attempting to repair it without taking apart the door frame.

I purchased a pocket door roller from you (23-175 : Pocket Door Roller Pair, 7/8") and it arrived today, but the wheel is a little too big. You can see in the attached pictures that when I get the wheel on the track, there isn't enough room to straighten it out.

I'm wondering if you sell a smaller roller. I could either buy a new assembly entirely or swap out the roller on the assembly I purchased with a smaller one. Maybe 3/4" instead of 7/8" would do the trick?

Thanks,

Jake

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hi Jake,

If the 7/8" round wheels are too large, you may be able to switch them out for our 10-102 wheels. They are 3/4" in diameter.

Thanks, Paul. I ordered the part and will report back to share whether or not it worked.

Jake
Profile picture of Paul

Great, Jake! Glad to hear it.

Success! The smaller wheel did the trick. Thanks for the help!

Jake
A quick learner from Hillsboro Beach FL says:
I need to purchase a set of these brackets for my pocket door. Just to confirm the wheel measurement is taken from outside diameter correct?
Profile picture of Paul

Yes, absolutely. Outer diameter.

Profile view of 10-102
Profile view of 10-102

A home owner from Bonita Springs fl says:
Paul,
I have the same issue as the gentlemen with the 7/8in roller. I need a 3/4 in roller but I can find on to purchase anywhere. Can you give me a lead?
thanks
ed butler
Profile picture of Paul

Hello! Have you seen the 10-102 that I referenced in the thread above? This remains our closest possible option, and according to other customers in this thread it worked well for this roller assembly.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.