Polybau Parts

A handy person from Los Altos says:
I have 15 year old Polybau windows and I am looking for parts. There are two windows to fix:
1. One bathroom window has a problem with latch. It does not work. I am including a picture.
2. The second bathroom has a sash window. It slides freely without friction. It may be missing spring. I am including a picture.
Do you carry parts ?
Thanks, Jerry
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch_on_bathroom_window.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sash_window.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Jerry. Starting with the latch, can you show me a picture of it out of the window? Your current photo shows the base, but that only tells half the story. We need to see the rest of it, as well.

As for the windows moving freely, it definitely sounds like they're missing their balance springs. In order to ID what you need, though, I'll have to see one of the originals. Do you still have one that I can use as a reference?

To answer the 1-st question, I am including three pictures of latch mechanism.
To answer the 2-nd question, I am including a copy of label, which was on the sash window. It is unfortunately partially damaged, but may be you can decode it.
Pictures are not in s sequence.
Jerry
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 26E328CD-CF48-49C0-93C4-6FB9A4F37691.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9A511669-A865-4695-8FEA-8895B06B7E27.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 09A66C24-07E3-435D-A62F-223AD0AB368E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 86849FAE-9448-40A2-9E09-EC4F53645E83.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks, Jerry. The locks look like our 38-091 and 38-092. I think these may be just what you were looking for.

That label doesn't tell me anything, unfortunately. i need to see the balance itself.

Why do I need two part numbers ? What are they ?

As far as the sash window, I do not see any counterbalance. I though it is just a spring acting on window side. I am including pictures of left and right sides of the window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1EA4B906-D24D-4534-B5DE-3B32EF68AE9D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 53865938-5C6F-440B-963C-C394CC4AE4E9.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

The two locks I recommended are for the left and right side of the window.

All spring action devices found on any window are called a "balance." You definitely have one, it's just hidden behind a cover. You need to remove that in order to get to the balance.

How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.