Pozzi Window Bubble Seal

A home owner from Boulder, CO says:

Hi!

We built our house in 1987 and have Pozzi windows throughout. I understand that Pozzi has, since, been acquired by Jeld-Wen. Over the years, many of the bubble seal strips have dried out, cracked, and deteriorated. I'm considering replacing some or all of them on our many casement and awning window. I need to identify the right product and better understand the process for removing the old seals and installing new ones. Can you advise me?

Thanks!

Bob

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Luhr - Pozzi weatherstripping.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Bob. Can you remove a sample of this weatherstripping and show us its end profile? From there we'll do our best to assist you. Many thanks. 

Does this help? It has been compressed in the window, for 33 years, but you should get the idea.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bubble Seal Cross-Section.JPG
Profile picture of Bob

It sure does. Check out our 58-053. Double-check the cross-section dimensions, but if they match I think this should work for you.

Thanks, Bob! The dimensions match, so I think the 58-053 should work. What is the life expectancy of that material? Should I just replace pieces that are torn or deteriorated or does it make sense to go beyond that?

Bob
Profile picture of Bob

Weatherstripping lasts usually around ten years or so; but a lot of factors can play into that, such as climate and direct sun exposure. Certainly it makes sense to replace the strips that have damage to them, but if all the seal was installed around the same time it might be in your benefit to go ahead and replace it all now. Let me know if you have further questions!

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.