Prism Double Hung Window Broken Coil PIece

A quick learner from Milwaukee says:

Hi. Our PRISM double hung window no longer stays in position or holds its position. The first two attachments show the parts that were sitting in the window track. The third attachment shows I believe, the coils that should be holding the window sash. The last attachment shows an id number in the window. Both upper and lower sashes do not stay in place. Can you please advise what parts we would need to order?

Does the upper sash also have coils?

Will we need some kind of track spreader?

Thank you.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3438.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3440.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3444.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3445.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! It looks like your old pivot shoes broke. Fortunately, I'm very confident that you can use our 15-192 to replace them. 

Your top sash probably also has coils, yes, but as long as everything is operating properly then there's no reason to get new ones. As for the jamb spreader, your track already has a cutout. You can use that to get the 15-192 shoe in, though if it proves to be too frustrating (it can be, trust me) then you can always cut it to be a little wider. The video below can clarify what I mean.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.