Product Code: 82-002WK

A quick learner from New Smyrna Beach, FL says:

Looks like your 82-002WK is what I need to replace my sliding patio door handle. The threads are stripped in the outside plate on mine; so, the handle comes loose with repeated use.

Questions:

1. Your description says that your part is meant for a door that measures 1" to 1-1/8" thick. As shown on my "door thickness" photo, my door is 1 5/8" thick. I have #10-32 x 1 3/4" machine screws that work with my current door handle and insert. Can I use your part with these longer screws to insert into my 1 5/8" thick door?

2. My door opens onto a patio on the top floor of a 6-story condo. So, I don't need the lock cylinder that locks the door from the outside. Can I obtain your part without the lock cylinder installed, so I can used the external plate without the punch-out opened?

Glad to discuss directly, if you have any questions about my issues.

Thanks

Jim

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named assembled_external.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named assembled_internal.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Door thickness.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named external view.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named internal view.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Jim. Concerning your door thickness, you can use our 82-002WK on your door if you reuse your old screws, but you also have to take into account the position of the lock latch. It may be off-position since the door thickness is different. In a worst case scenario, you can pack it up with some washers until it's centered. I've done that myself before and it works fine.

As for a non-keyed option, we do sell the 82-002, but this is only made in black. The white non-keyed version is unfortunately not something we can sell anymore. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

A quick learner from New Smyrna Beach, FL says:
Thanks, Tom. I appreciate the response and advice. Looks like the 82-002WK will work well for us. Jim
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.