Pull Handle Set for Storm Door

A home owner from White Plains, NY 10605 says:
In 2005 I had a new storm door installed on my home. This week, the exit push piece broke. I disassembled it and found that the set appears to have been manufactured by Ideal of Canada. That company referred me to you, since you're located in the United States. The handle has the following information on the inside: D (inside a circle) Ideal DX-1C D-423.320 I reviewed Ideal's "Storm and Screen Door Hardware" catalogue and believe that my door set is similar to, or the same as, what's listed in the catalogue on page 10 of Ideal's online catalogue as SKDX "DX" Pull Handle Set with Backplate If this is the same door set, I need to obtain a Brass E-coat model, Product number SKDXBB. Am I correct that Ideal manufactured my piece and if so, whether the item listed above is the proper replacement. It appears that you list the same piece in your online catalogue as a "Pull Handle Set." Is this a replacement piece for my set? Also, does the inside push/exit piece come with the set? Assuming this is the right piece, I would like to buy a replacement set as soon as possible. Thanks, Bruce Berger
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like our 40-152, Ideal pull up lock. We do carry it in brass finish. It comes complete with back plate and inside latch.
A quick learner from Vienna, VA says:
Hi,
We had a pull handle installed on our storm door several years ago. Recently it broke so we need to replace it. The handle has "IDEAL DX-1 D-423.320" on the underside of the outdoor handle part with "Pat.U.S.5149154 CAN.2062353-5" imprinted on the underside of the indoor handle part.
Can you tell me if the pull handle on your site with product code: 40-152 is the same handle? If no, do you think it would be a good replacement?
Thanks for your help.
Karen
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If you look above, you'll see we had a previous customer inquire about the same product number and its relation to the Swisco 40-152 Pull Handle Set. We do believe the Swisco 40-152 is the best fit, however we have not heard back from the customer regarding its compatibility.
A home owner from White Plains, NY says:
Sorry for not getting back to you -- I received and installed the 40-152 Pull Handle Set last summer. It was perfect, an exact replacement. Thanks for the help!
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.