Purchase correct sash ballance.

A home owner from Vancouver, WA says:
I have two identical single hung Windows. All four channel ballances are broken and not repairable. The problem I have is the ballances are not the same length for both sashes. The visible glass of the sash measures 32 and 5/8 inches, the overall length is 35 and 1/2 inches. The weight of the sash is 26 lbs. One sash has ballances measuring 34 inches, part number 3390 P36. The other sash has ballances measuring 32 inches, part number 3190Y 28. I think the 34 inch ballance is too long which caused the top sash guide and other parts to fail.

It appears that your series 385 channel might be best suited for our needs. The channel shoe measures 1 and 3/32 inch. I'm not sure if the 3140 or the 3240 would be a better fit. The measurement of the 18-008 sash top guide is the same as needed, only difference is the top hole.

Thank you so much, David
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I agree, the Series 385 looks like our best match. You mentioned that your sash weighs 26 pounds, but I'm not sure if that's for the 32" long balance or the 34" long balance. Weighing the sash is definitely the best way to determine what you need.

As for the top sash guide, the 18-008 does look like our best match. I don't think the difference in the top hole will be that much of a problem, but if it is you can always drill it to be wider.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.