Question Regarding Small Plastic Part

A handy person from Delray Beach, Florida says:
Please note that the photo I shot inverted itself. The part I am asking about is on the vertical part of the window. It is a small plastic "spacer" that is inserted on both sides, top and bottom. Do you know what it is used for and if I can purchase it?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Item 04132020.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This piece looks similar to our 67-026 face guide. Please look over our photos and dimensions for this part and let me know if you agree.

As for its function, these help keep the sash stable in the frame as it slides up and down.

A handy person from Delray Beach, Florida says:
You are right about the part. It is a face guide. It looks like I need to order a few, some of them are broken and have fallen out of the window.

Thanks for getting back to me.....
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)