Question if pivot bars will fit these cams

A contractor from Pennsylvania says:
Hello I have approximately 20 year old Harvey classic windows and all my pivot cams are broken or breaking. I am pretty sure your 15-208 pivot shoe is almost identical to my factory ones. My concern is will my pivot bars fit into the cam pocket correctly ,I can't really tell from the picture. I have attached a picture of the pivot bars I have and was hoping you could verify they would be compatible or do I need to order all new bars also. Thank you for your time
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9406ACDC-A418-4119-BAE1-C6FD5694B05B.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! The 15-208 is designed to work with pivot bars like the 26-226. This appears to have the same style tip as what you show in this photo, so I'm fairly confident that the new shoe will be fully compatible with your old pivot bar.

That's the best case scenario. To be perfectly honest, Harvey pivot bars like yours are not at all easy to get a hold of these days as many of them are simply not made anymore. The longer you can use this, the easier your life will be. I don't know if you'll be able to find a replacement anywhere.

A contractor from Pennsylvania says:
Thanks Tom I agree the end looks like a pretty close match for mine. I will order a few and try them and let you know how it goes. Surprisingly I rarely get broken bars just tons of broken cams
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

No problem! Please let us know how you make out with your repair. 

How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.