Quality of lock

A home owner from El Dorado, AR says:
I need to replace 40 window locks with screw holes 2 1/4" apart. My original metal window locks are brittle and shatter under very little pressure. Your website has replacement locks for this size listed at various prices. For budget reasons, I would prefer to buy at the lower end of the price range, but are these lower-cost locks high quality? I don't want to buy something that will just crack and break like what I already have, but I don't know much about locks and need some input.

I have attached pictures of my current window locks to help in figuring out the best replacement option. The first picture is a broken lock, and the second is of a lock that is in better shape. I don't know what caused this problem, because the locks were like this when I moved into this house. The metal of these locks is very brittle and easily broken, and I want to be sure to replace them with a quality lock so this doesn't happen again.

Thanks!
Melody
Customer image of their broken sweep lock.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I see you're looking at our locks, like the 90-005 and the 90-009 for example. The hole size matches yours and we've sold many of these in the past. It looks like that's decades of deterioration on your lock there. I've seen that kind of brittle look in apartments that go back to the 60's. I'm not sure of the Arizona heat, but salt air near the shore always eats at the screens and windows.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Pay attention to the tongue of the lock. The 90-005 and the 90-009 have the same hole center distance but they have different tongue styles.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.