Question regarding casement window springs

A quick learner from usa says:
After removing the putty, I did not find any springs. There are holes as pictured below in the metal frame that I believe hold springs that the diy videos indicate I need to hold the pane of glass. Do you sell the springs, what do they look like, and how are they placed to secure the pane of glass?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4528.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4526.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:


Take a look at the 57-102 glazing springs used in steel metal windows. These have an extension at the end of each leg. One goes into the hole in the side of the frame and the other rests against the glass to hold it in place. Take note that you should back bed the glass in the frame. You could either run a bead of caulking or use some of the glazing compound to prevent the glass from laying on the bare metal frame.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at