Questions on balancer

A quick learner from New Jersey says:

Hi,

I am replacing my balancers. They measure 26'', and have a "2530" mark on it. 

Thanks,

Yubo

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5314.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5315.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5317.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5318.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5319.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I recognize this balance. These are typically used on a special kind of hinged single-hung window. Does that sound about right? Before your window broke, were you able to swing it in to clean? Also, check out the list of parts I pulled near the bottom of this page. Do they look familiar? If so, we can definitely replace this balance, though they can be a bit complicated due to their design. I'll try to be as clear as possible. I know it can be confusing, so if you need me to clarify any point, I would be happy to do so.

Because the window is hinged, the balances are actually asymmetrical. What I mean by that is the two balances on either side of the window aren't the same. One balance will have a 19-008 top attachment and a 15-025 bottom attachment shown in your photos, as well as the 2530 stamp. However, the balance on the other side of the window will ONLY have the 19-008 top attachment, as well as an entirely different stamp. This second balance does not have the 15-025 shoe at all.

What I will need from you is the following:

-The length of the metal channel for each balance.

-Confirm the stamp number printed on the metal channel with both fittings, as well as the stamp from the balance with only the top fitting. We will use these to differentiate between the two balances.

-How many of each you need.

Once we have this information, I can email you a custom order link for each one, including a price quote.

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.