R13-927 Anderson Balance

A home owner from New Jersey says:
Hi,

I have an Anderson window that needs to have both balances replaced. Both of the current balance boxes are stamped R13-927. I see a reference to L9-1327 for the left side in the description for the R13-927 balance. Should there be different balance types for the right and left sides or can I replace what I currently have which is both right and left sides with R13-927? I just want to make sure I am using the right parts before ordering 2 R13-927 balances.

Thanks,
Loreen
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Loreen. That is weird. Before I answer this, can you tell me if the top and bottom sashes are the same size? Can you also tell me if someone has repaired these balances before?
A home owner from New Jersey says:
Hi. Yes, the top and bottom are the same size. I don't know if the windows were repaired previously. When I bought my condo, both the sash cords for the bottom window were already broken.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the additional information. Please give us a little time as we research this issue.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
This is a very strange situation. You have to keep in mind that Andersen doesn't recommend using two 24-R13-927 balances in the same window. Their recommendation is to use one 24-R13-927 and one 24-L9-1327.

However, if you have had two 24-R13-927 balances in your window this whole time and it worked fine, I personally think you should go that route again.
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.