REPLACE BROKEN AWNING OPERATORS

A home owner from KINGSTON,PA says:
Need to replace my broken window crank. See attached photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named miami window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1933.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1930.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1929.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1928.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your operator reminds me of the 39-054 at first glance. I would recommend comparing the dimensions below to see if this could work for your application. Note that the hole spacing and the size of the hole in the link arm are key details. Thanks for posting! 

Dimensions for 39-054
Dimensions for 39-054

Thank you. Looks like that will work. I placed an order on line. That you again,
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

That's great to hear! Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Received the 39-054 and it mounts fine. The problem is that the window will not close all the way. The operating arm that is 2 3/16 inches is too long. My arm is 2 inches which is why my window won't close all of the way.The 5/16 '' 18 thread is perfect. We are all most there. If you want I will send you back your product and also my broken part if that will help. Thank you for all of your help. Great customer service.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Our records indicate that the 39-054 was made to replace your original Miami operator. Looking at some older catalogs, they show the link arm from rivet to screw hole measuring 2-3/16" on center. There is normally some play in the operator to make up for a different arm length. 

You may want to double-check to make sure there are no obstructions preventing the window from closing. You could try closing the window with the operator removed. Also, check the linkage of the window to see if it is working properly. If everything checks out, one possible solution would be to use some washers behind the operator when you mount it to the window frame. Maybe that will give you the clearance you need.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.