REPLACEMENT LOCKS FOR SCREENS AND STORM WINDOWS(SAME MECHANISM). 1964 HOUSE

A home owner from Northglenn, Colorado says:

Couldn't get mechanism out of channel without breaking piece. I'm not super mechanical anyway. It is three inches long, slot it fits in is 1/2 inch wide. Finger pull area is 5/8 inch long. It has a spring in it to pull back and forth. It has a slight angle on end where it fits into edge of window sill to lock in place. It is a white(was at one point anyway) plastic piece . Granted, storm windows are old but still do the job. More than half of parts in 12 windows in house are broken. Gets risky when a window is only being held up by one lock. If you even have a source for used ones I would be interested.

One broken latch came out in my hand. This is the one for the left side of the window. Angle that goes into sill is pointing down left. Middle photo is turned upside down showing spring action. Last shows broken piece but where spring action is. I hope you can help me. Thanx so much for your help. 

Pat

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6F00E653-CD32-4D33-A743-3F594F08C788.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15928591-BFF5-4DD6-9E97-29364618B20F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B97F5858-3F67-498B-B3C9-E63D5C875AAB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DB10A9A0-8F3D-470E-AD6A-D3FCF9ED9D57.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 01F942C9-B85A-4F8A-94BE-3E079685B8FC.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Pat. I'm afraid that we don't have an exact match for this latch, but our 91-054 slide bolt pair is similar. Carefully compare our dimensions to yours and let me know what you think.

How to replace your storm window latches and corners
How to replace your storm window latches and corners
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.