REPLACEMENT SPIRAL BALANCES

A quick learner from USA says:
HI, I HAVE OLD ALUMINIUM WINDOWS THAT NEED LOVING CARES. AND I NEED TO REPLACE 6 SPIRAL BALANCES. THEY ALL HAVE 1/2 IN. IN DIAMETER - ( 4 ARE 23 IN. LONG ) - ( 2 ARE 11 IN. LONG, +/- FOR THOSE 2 THEY ARE STILL IN THE WINDOW) I ATTACHED PHOTOS OF THE SPIRAL BALANCE AND IT’S ATTACHEMENT FITTING, NOT SURE I UNDERSTAND HOW IT’S HOLD TOGETHER? CAN YOU HELP ME. I AM IN FLORIDA, MY OBJECTIVE IS TO BUY NEW ONES AND REPLACE THE OLD ONE SO MY WINDOWS WORS CORRECTLY. THANKS FOR YOU HELP. JACQUES
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you confirm the diameter of the outer tube? Based on its style, it should be either 3/8" or 5/8". They don't make balances like this with a 1/2" diameter. I suspect it might be closer to 5/8" or 9/16", in which case I'd recommend our Series 500 spiral balance. The metal bracket looks like our 17-025, as well.

Now, there are a couple things to clear up beforehand. The first is the lengths you need; we stock 23" long Series 500 balances, however we will have to custom make the 11", since it's a bit shorter than the standard shortest length. We would like to know how many you need so we can get started. I would email you a custom order link and price quote that you can use to add the 11" balance to your car with everything else.

Another thing to clear up is the weight of the sash. I'm leaning towards the Red Tip color option for each balance. These tend to match the old version of the White Tip option, in my experience. Since these have to be custom made, though, you may want to weigh your sashes and tell us what you get, just in case.

Finally, you may want to consider the 75-005 charging tool. That ought to to make it easier to install these.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.