ROTO window operator and handle

Contractor from York, Pa.
May 13, 2011 8:49 am
I need a replacement operator for a ROTO OP05-7512-00 and a replacement handle to fit the replacement operator. The original handle is a OP05-1509. I need 1 left and 1 right operator with matching handle. It looks like your part #39-325 might be the replacement as the measurements look the same, I just would kike it cross referenced before I order.

Thank you,

Gary
User submitted photo of window crank roto OP05-7512-00 and handle OP05-1509
7 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 13, 2011 10:52 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Good morning, Gary.

Thanks for posting and submitting your image to us.

Yes, the 39-325 ROTO Casement Operator does seem to be the best match online. The compatible handle options are the 39-114L Crank Handle and the 39-205 Folding Crank Handle.
Contractor from York, Pa.
May 13, 2011 1:04 pm
Thank you, I'll place my order on-line today or monday. What is the typical leat time on this?
If I want a rush order, how much more will that cost?

Thanks again
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 13, 2011 1:21 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
We do have expedited shipping options available.

Please take a look at our Shipping Policy.
Home Owner from Colfax, CA
Oct 25, 2011 4:16 pm
I installed new Certainteed windows four years ago during a remodel. I lost one of four awning crank handles. Certainteed has since redesigned the handle (the male hex end was replaced with a female spline. It looks like the part number is OP05-1509. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Your help is MUCH appreciated.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 27, 2011 2:58 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Take a look at the 39-226 White OKNA Folding Handle.
Quick Learner from KNOXVILLE TENNESSSEE
Sep 1, 2023 7:03 am
I am having trouble keeping the handle in the operator. How is this handle to attach to the operator?
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Sep 1, 2023 10:11 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

That's a common failure point for this style operator. The way the handle is held in place is with a small metal collar inside the hole. When that strips out, there isn't really much that will hold the handle in place. It will be loose at best, and at worst, it will simply fall out.

If you need a short term solution, you can use scotch tape to pad out the handle stem. That will give it a little extra thickness to allow for a more "snug" fit in the hole. This will let you continue to use the operator for quite some time, but ultimately it's only temporary. 

Eventually you will need to replace the operator and handle entirely. The products suggested above are the modern equivalents to this older style setup.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts