Rack and pinion set for glass block louvered window

A quick learner from Minneapolis says:
The gear mechanism is jammed up, And the splines of the pinion screw for the window crank are stripped out. I'm looking for a new mechanism
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare the specifications of the 39-050 rack operator to your assembly. As for your louver set, we don't carry an exact match but your photos do remind me of the 39-110. We can't guarantee that these will work for your application but take a look and see what you think. Thank you!

Is this a universal, for either left or right sided cranks? Hours appears to have the coupling arm at the opposite end of the rack
Also, are there splines on the end of the shaft, to engage with the crank? I assume there are, but I just can't see them in the picture. Thank you very much
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I do believe you will be able to use the 39-050 rack operator. I took one from our inventory and, using the 39-116 crank handle, I was able to remove the rack and reinstall it to match the orientation shown in your photo. 

I'm not sure what you mean by splines used to engage the crank. Could you elaborate?

The splines are on this shaft. They must be there, or there's literally no way to transfer the torque. I actually ordered two last night from you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A0959617-BE74-4237-9592-1156BF4C081C.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Correct, these grooves are there to engage with the crank. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.