Raise the bottom track or use longer hardware?

A home owner from 33071 says:
Hi,

My house flooded so I can't show you a picture of the bottom metal track that I need for my original 1980 interior bifold mirror closet doors. I have attached a picture of the label on one of the doors for your reference.

I have two closets, each with a pair of bifold doors. Each pair measures 60"(W) x 80"(H). Your friendly and knowledgeable sales rep guided me to what I believe to be the correct part number: 21-402

My new floor is about a 0.5" lower than the previous floor. So now, the space for the door is greater than the door height.

My question to you: is it better to raise the bottom track that I would be purchasing from you or find different hardware that is about 1/2" longer?

In either scenario, can you please help me determine the best solution so that I can order the right components from you?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2BFA51F6-569B-420D-9BAF-6FAF264463B0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B305BAFE-CECC-4228-B132-FEFECDD62880.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AA7140A5-B0BD-46EC-B2D0-B99C47EED538.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Thanks for reaching out to us. Personally, I prefer to lower the top track with a piece of wood and have the bottom track sit on the new floor since that gets the weight of the doors. I've also related some parts on this page for you to review. Look over the specifications and see how they match up with your old hardware. 

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.