Re: need help selecting replacement coil balance

A quick learner from Staten Island, NY says:
Hi I recently had one of the coil balances break and replaced by the window company which now is charging a fee for something I feel I can do. I already took both out the original is the one with the 5K imprint which I guess just stands for how many cycles the balance is rated for, and the other says >8 which I guess I really need either the 8lb or maybe upgrade to the 9lb coil balance. They are 1/2" wide so I believe I saw the correct replacement model 152 I believe but not sure whether to get the 8lb or 9lb version. Thank you for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15764642229852300120956760274017.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I agree that these appear to match our 1/2" S150 coils. To make sure you get the correct strength, I'd recommend weight the bottom sash of your window and dividing the weight by the total number of coils in your window. That will tell you the best weight options to choose. Thank you!

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.