Release for latch to lock patio door

A home owner from Chesterfield, MO says:
I have a Series Patio Door Legance 2II
Manufaturer Stipulace
Product line #213-K-018
NFRC 100/200/300

When I close the door, I cannot lift the locking latch until I depress the little release, which is part of the locking mechanism on the door. My guess is that there is a part on the door frame that is missing, and when the door is closed would depress the little release. Do you have such a part?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like you're having an "anti-slam" button issue. Yes, that button has to be depressed so that the locking mechanism will operate. Your keeper might need to be adjusted so that the slam button hits the flat center of the keeper. I'm not sure which type of lock or keeper you have, but take a look at the 82-249 keeper. This keeper has a flat face in the center for the anti-slam button to hit. If this isn't the right size for you to use, send us a photo of your existing keeper.
A home owner from Chesterfield, MO says:
Hello,

I am sending you two photographs. The one is of the latch release that needs to be depressed to release the latch that locks the door. The second image is of the screw head that is opposite the latch release when the door is shut. My guess is that there was something that was held in place by this screw that depressed the latch release when the door was closed. If this is correct, and you have the missing part, I would like to buy it.

Best regards,
Charles
Door release latch
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us, Charles. Looking at your keeper, it seems like the location where the slam button hits is worn. I wonder if that's the problem. I would think the center mounting screw spacing should be adequate. I'm not sure if you've tried yet, but try activating the slam button by manually depressing the it with a screw driver, then try and lock the door.

Another thought would be to try adjusting the door rollers to make sure the door is closing Plumb with the frame. Since the slam button looks a little off center, it's possible adjusting the rollers will be all you need to do.

I've made a list of different keepers that go with your style of mortise lock just in case.
A professional from CA says:
The button looks broken off.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.