Removal of Jalousie side mount #733

A quick learner from Bathroom says:
Can anyone tell me how to remove this Jalousie side mount from the window? It has a bar that's inserted in the center.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not familiar with that number. If you take a few pictures of the hardware in question, though, we can try to determine a good solution. Let me know!
A quick learner from Bathroom says:
I added a photo, I hope it shows up.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I have received your picture. I believe you have to remove the operator and the torque bar bearing on the opposite end of the window along with the bar itself. Be careful not to damage any of the parts in the window since they could be brittle with age.
A quick learner from Texas says:
I understand that the operator and the horizontal torque bar have to be removed, but how do I do that? Do I have to take the window out?
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
First, the screws from the operator and the handle. You will then need to remove the screws in the torque bar bearing on the opposite side of the operator. You might also need to disconnect the bar from the window linkage. I can't see from the photo, but there should be an "e" ring clip holding in on to the side linkage of the window. After everything is disconnected, you should be able to remove the torque bar and the hardware on the lower portion of the window.
A quick learner from Texas says:
Here are more pictures to the other side of the operator
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Ah, I see. These windows are always hard to repair. Looking at your photos I believe there is an "e" ring clip similar to our 21-161 on the other side of that rusted rivet. Open up the window and take a look from the outside to see if you do have that "e" ring. Remove it to free up the bar from the linkage.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.