Removal of old shower door sweep

A quick learner from Los Angeles, CA says:
I recently purchased a 10-332 frameless shower door sweep from you. Now that I have the time to replace the old one (which is all filled with unsightly fungus), I see that it is very closely adherent to the shower door, and very difficult to remove. Do you have any suggestion about how to go about removing it?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I would try a solvent like acetone, denatured alcohol or possibly lacquer thinner. You could try a little heat, but not too hot. You could damage the glass in the door with high heat. Maybe use a hair dryer as apposed to a heat gun.
A home owner from Los Angeles, CA says:
Thank you, Dave. It occurred to me after I posted my question that acetone might work, and as I had some handy, I tried it. It worked well, and the new sweep is installed without problems.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Great! That's usually my first go-to, as well. I'm glad it worked out. If you ever need anything else, let me know.
A home owner from Silicon Valley says:
If it needs to be removed with a solvent does that mean that it needs to be installed with an adhesive?

Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 10-332 is made to squeeze onto a 3/8" thick glass without adhesive. If you do need to use an adhesive, we recommend clear silicone.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.