Removing and replacing the torque bar bearing.

A home owner from Jupiter FL says:
I need to replace the torque bar bearing (both sides) on three awning windows. Your 36-082 is the bearing I need. How do you remove the torque bar and bearing to allow replacement of the bearing. The picture attached shows the one screw holding the arm of the bearing to the window case. Is there another retaining feature?
torque bar
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
When it comes to replacing this kind of torque bar bearing, I believe you will need to disconnect the operator and the window linkage on the sides that attach to the torque bar arms. You will likely need to remove the torque bar arm completely from the window to replace the bearing. I don't think you can sneak them in at the sides, but I suppose it's worth a shot.
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.