Repair of Mastic Safety Plug

A quick learner from Northford, CT says:
I have 14 Mastic vinyl windows. The safety plug shown in the attached two pictures will not stay retracted. I can push it in so that the windows will go up or down, but the plug will not remain retracted. This makes it very difficult to raise and lower the windows.

Two questions. 1) is there a replacement part for this plug? 2) how would I remove the old part and insert the new part?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210730_174515357.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210730_175558112.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hey there!

Yes, this reminds me of our 26-362 sash vent latch. Compare our dimensions to yours and see if this is a match for what you need. We also have a video on how to replace these vent latches. Let me know if this helps!

Video answers my question #2 - how to remove the vent latch. Can you also help with question #1 - where to I purchase replacement vent latches for Mastic Vinyl Windows?

Thanks, Bob
Profile picture of Emily

If your dimensions match up to our 26-362, you can place an order for it directly on our website at your convenience. 

Thanks
A handy person from Wisconsin says:
How to remove a Sash Vent Latch 26-362 ?
Profile picture of Emily

In order to remove the old latch, slide a putty knife under the lip of the vent lock and force it out from sash.

How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.