Repairing broken latch

A handy person from Medway, MA says:
Need help on how to repair this broken latch. Harvey Casement window. New in 1995 when house was built. Also can't figure a way to manually unlatch that right side.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200920_124809.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200920_124802.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If your broken latch is stuck in the locked position, then you may have a project on your hands. If you can't stick the handle back in and force it open, then your only other option is to cut it off, which is no small task.

Aside from that, we can help you ID this lock. However I'll need to see a picture of it out of the window so I can see the part of it that actually does the locking.

Oh, it is definitely stuck in the locked position. I'm a machinist by trade and profession, and have been trying to fashion something to get it unlatched. No luck so far, but I don't back down from a challenge easily.

Please find attached the lock from the left side outside the window. I was hesitant to remove it all the way as the window is approx. 25 above the ground below. I very much appreciate your continued knowledge and assistance with this challenge.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201003_094945.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201003_094949.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201003_095035.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It's tough to tell, but I would wager your locks are similar to our 38-092 and 38-091. Start by looking at these and seeing how well those arms match.

I will give these a try. Thanks so much for all your help. It really was invaluable.
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.