Replace Balances on Single Hung window

A quick learner from Albuquerque, NM says:

I'm having to replace (or potentially repair) balances on a non-tilt single hung vinyl window. The stamp says 2680. The window sash is triple pane and weighs about 43 pounds. The channel width is 1/2" and the length is 27". As you can see in the photos, the cord hanger clip has detached from the cord. The spring is pretty heavy, and I don't feel like I'm capable of getting the cord through all five pulleys and re-hooking the spring, unless you have a secret way of accomplishing that, so maybe total replacement is the best option....any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,  John O.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 89560887-FF58-48D1-82AA-62BB8A60DDB4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CDE6E539-1030-42AC-91B7-41A71C2C2954.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, John. We can replace this balance for you, though it will have to be specially made. Thanks to your pictures and information, we have everything we need to get started. I will email you a special order link and price quote now for 2 of them, which is our minimum. If you need more, let me know here and I'll be happy to change it.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.