Replace broken coil balance,pivot shoe & rail

A home owner from Dewey Beach Delaware says:
Picture of aama certification program sent in pics. I have ten windows to repair
Double hung vinyl-tilt out MFR NCO-1 Series 3000 Welded DH made 1999
Mobile 240-893-6666
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Addition pics AAMA certification program
MFR NCO -1 Series 3000 Welded DH
TYPE Double Hung
MFR NCO-1 2000 prime D H
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BE8B5216-C395-466B-BBFA-D7CCC31FF2C4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 915A64B2-EC60-44B3-9476-CC22F757D950.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B15A4306-1A3A-40A8-999C-5D6B8D46836C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C4CC6525-C3AA-43A1-8AF4-3B30A2A60F80.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 53597621-FE05-45E9-9D6B-A247A2C70F39.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your pivot shoe appears to resemble our 15-175, which is designed to be used with the Series 152 coil spring. Look these two parts over and let me know what you think.

I'm less certain about the pivot bar. The housing looks like our 26-236, but I can't find a pivot bar that has those same two installation holes so close to each other. The only thing we have that may work is our 26-226, but I cannot guarantee that it will.

Tom,
ThankYou the 152 coil series look correct. The coil is 1/2 in. Wide. This weekend I will weight the top & bottom window sash to get the correct weight for the correct rated coils. I need to verify the correct spring cover and coil bushing cap. Is 15-156 & 15-157 for the 152 series? The two coils that are broken in each channel are stamp CL & C.
I will ring you on Monday when I get the window sashes weight. I would like to place an order on Monday to get started. Thanks Karl
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Karl. I don't think the 15-156 and 15-157 will work for you. They're designed to take a much larger spring. For the Series 152, we recommend using the 15-144 bushing cap, 15-143 bushing, and 15-145 barrel. These kind of sandwich over the spring, if that makes sense.

Tom,
The windows upper//Lower weigh 17 pounds each. Which series 152 coil balance do I need to use to accommodate the weight of the window. It appears that the left & right channel of each window needs double coils or what is your recommendation for pound ratings . The coil bushing cap 15-144, coil bushing 15-143, coil support barrel 15-145 would work with the Series 152 coil balances. Look forward to taking to you on Monday. TY Karl
Profile picture of Tom

Having an odd numbered weight is a little peculiar for these balances, but you should still be able to swing it. In your case, you can use four 4 pound springs (two on each side). That adds up to 16 pounds which should be sufficient. You could also use two 8 pound springs (one on each side) for the same effect.

Tom,
Thanks for your update! Let's go with your recommendations from your prior response. Series 152 S-152-8, 8 pound coil per channel.
Cap, bushing, barrel, 15-143, 15-144, 15-145.
My pivot bars are 2-1/2 in. Versus 3 1/2 long. I will check to see if your pivot bar will worl.

I will call an order today!
ThankYou
Karl
Profile picture of Tom

Sounds good! Thank you for the order. Please let me know how it works out, or if you had any questions.

How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.